How to Coordinate Outfits for Family Photos
We've survived our first month with four babies and it's been a dream! Going from 3 to 4 kids has definitely been the easiest transition so far. Thank goodness!
I've been super excited to get photos of all my babies together but tend to stress about coordinating outfits. (Silly, I know. You just never know when you'll get the perfect photo to frame for your house, right?!)
Here's a few things I've learned about looking our best for portraits!


2. Consider Textures
I absolutely love textures and these can be pretty easy to incorporate into your outfits through a scarf or a hat or sweater. If someone is wearing a sleek and slim dress, put someone else in a chunky sweater

3. Don't Forget Patterns
Pattern mixing is totally ok! just make sure the colors are in the same color family and dont clash. And by mixing patterns, I would spread it out over the members of the family and not so much on one individual. One person is totally ok to wear stripes and another plaid.

4. Go with a Color Pallet
If it's fall, you may want to go with fall colors, spring = spring colors, etc. One secret is to make sure that there is overlap in colors from person to person, but not all colors have to be worn on everyone. Does that make sense?

5. Pick YOUR Outfit First
Ok so this isn't a rule, but I like to choose my outfit first and base everyone else's around mine. So many times I felt like I was just throwing on whatever somewhat matched and kinda hid in the background. Everyone knows that if mama is happy, everyone is happy and I think you'll be a lot happier with the outcome if you take a minute to really focus on yourself and rock what makes you feel good. And if that means you need to buy a new blouse or sweater, it's a win-win right?!
For example, this chenille sweater is the most yummy thing I've ever worn thanks to PinkBlush and can be found here.
It's nursing accessible and so warm and cozy. (Our house is kinda cold and hard to heat.) Check out the rest of their sweaters here! I've got my eye on this one myself. (Give me ALL the elbow patches!)

And there you have it! Hope you found these tips on coordinating outfits for family photos to be helpful! Thanks for stopping by!
I've been super excited to get photos of all my babies together but tend to stress about coordinating outfits. (Silly, I know. You just never know when you'll get the perfect photo to frame for your house, right?!)
Here's a few things I've learned about looking our best for portraits!
How to Coordinate Outfits for Family Photos
- Don't Wear the Same Thing
You want to coordinate not match exactly. Sure, it'd be so much easier to all get the same tshirt for everyone to wear, but it definitely wont look as good as it could.
2. Consider Textures
I absolutely love textures and these can be pretty easy to incorporate into your outfits through a scarf or a hat or sweater. If someone is wearing a sleek and slim dress, put someone else in a chunky sweater
3. Don't Forget Patterns
Pattern mixing is totally ok! just make sure the colors are in the same color family and dont clash. And by mixing patterns, I would spread it out over the members of the family and not so much on one individual. One person is totally ok to wear stripes and another plaid.
4. Go with a Color Pallet
If it's fall, you may want to go with fall colors, spring = spring colors, etc. One secret is to make sure that there is overlap in colors from person to person, but not all colors have to be worn on everyone. Does that make sense?
5. Pick YOUR Outfit First
Ok so this isn't a rule, but I like to choose my outfit first and base everyone else's around mine. So many times I felt like I was just throwing on whatever somewhat matched and kinda hid in the background. Everyone knows that if mama is happy, everyone is happy and I think you'll be a lot happier with the outcome if you take a minute to really focus on yourself and rock what makes you feel good. And if that means you need to buy a new blouse or sweater, it's a win-win right?!
For example, this chenille sweater is the most yummy thing I've ever worn thanks to PinkBlush and can be found here.
It's nursing accessible and so warm and cozy. (Our house is kinda cold and hard to heat.) Check out the rest of their sweaters here! I've got my eye on this one myself. (Give me ALL the elbow patches!)
And there you have it! Hope you found these tips on coordinating outfits for family photos to be helpful! Thanks for stopping by!
Comments
Post a Comment