Body Positivity Collab





This pregnancy has been really hard on me physically and emotionally. I didn't get sick much with my other three and overall I had really easy pregnancies. This time, however, I was already drained plus adding on the pounds, the queasiness, the breaking out... Not to mention I freakin MISS my long hair and dont particularly feel like myself with this short "do." All this combined really has taken it's toll on me and I became depressed. 

It's hard to know how to change your attitude when you have no idea if it's hormones, (it is) or morning sickness (or all day sickness) or anything pregnancy related. How do you know if you need to go easy on yourself- or if there are things you need to force yourself to do to feel normal again? Aka- fake it until you make it. 

These were questions I was asking myself daily. During the first trimester I took the 'take it easy' approach. I hardly had enough energy to get out of bed, let alone do things I enjoyed doing. But with my personality, this made me really depressed. (Remember this post?)
It felt like my body was failing me. 

Second trimester came along and was going better, but I'd been in a rut for so long, I found it hard to get myself out of it. I didnt like the way I looked, so why get ready? I didn't have a ton of energy so I did the bare minimum. I was already wearing maternity clothes I didnt need until I was well into my third trimester the other pregnancies. It wasnt until I started to force myself to do things that made me feel like me again that I started to feel better. (Note: not CURED-- but better.)

I did things like: finding a cute outfit to wear, shaving my legs, putting on makeup, painting my nails, forcing myself to go to events that I didnt think I had the energy for. And I realized how hard I'd been on myself. Who cares if I've gained more weight this pregnancy? I'm making a flippin BABY! Who cares if yet another zit popped out on my forehead? That's what concealer is for. Yeah, my hair isn't my favorite look, but I can still find something I like about it. 

So when Stefani from Hello Stefani Nicole reached out to me about this Body Positivity Collab, I jumped at the chance to not only  inspire others, (hopefully) but to also reinforce in myself the things I've learned about how amazing my body is. I made THREE perfect little humans and now a FOURTH. I wont always feel like this and that sacrifice is worth every little finger, every little toe and every single strand of hair on that baby's head. 
I will now be ok with giving myself grace when needed and I will continue to reach outside my comfort zone, because that is where magic really happens. 

 

















 

I mean, LOOK at all these ladies! Each one of us is so very different, but man! What a bunch of babes eh?!

Lime Ricki was seriously amazing to provide all the swimsuits you see here. No matter your age, weight, height, skin color, hair length or clarity of your skin matters because you are beautiful no matter what! 

Be sure to check out my these lovely girls and the positive messages they share as well!



Kaylynn Young @amoungtheyoungs
Mindie Packer @astylishcloset
Krychele Velenzuela @carnationsandlace
Justina Afemata @itsjust_stina
Shauna Robertson @chicover50
Natashia McLean @canary_jane 
Lily Higgins @notthatcoolmom
Lauren Elizabeth @hellowhimzy
Stefani Kemp @hellostefaninicole
Jessica Harston @jharstonred
Paige Wolfgramm @mrswolfgramm
Brittany Collins @brittaca
Francia Benson @vagabondbrunette
Robyn Jones @robynmeacham
Melissa Thomas @melissalynettethomas 

Photographer Lauren Broadhead @laurenb.photography

Swim Suits @limericki
Food @biscottsutah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy Essentials

Fairies in Spring Quarantine!

Are Ya Kitten Me?-It's a Kitten Party!